Hope Is Here | Telos Fuller
Check out Telos Fuller Information
Church – Grace Covenant Church – Grace Covenant Church is a multicultural, multi-site church in Chantilly VA. We have three congregations meeting at Brookfield Corporate Drive where services are conducted in English, Korean and Spanish. We have one Congregation meeting in Sterling at Dominion High School. We are a part of the Every Nation Group of Churches.
1) Why You Should Have Hope
- With hope comes expectation. Why should you have Hope because we have a God of hope. Expectation matters.
- We must have belief first for us to receive from him. We don’t have an expectation for God to do something in our life.
- Hope leads to faith
- Maybe hope for you means God is working
- As much as it was the funeral for the man, it was also for the woman. Because she had no hope. She lost everything.
- When we have hope, we start to live differently
- God wants you to have hope
- God prepared for us before we knew we needed it.
- Wordly Hope is more like wishful thinking in the world. Godly hope provides certainty to uncertain things. It applies the promises of God to any difficult or uncertain things in your life.
- Romans teaches us to abide in hope. He wants it to overflow in our lives so that we can give hope. We aren’t giving from our resources, we are giving from him.
- Hope will make you bold….2 Corinthians 3:12
- Hope creates joyful praise…Romans 5:2
- Hope produces patient endurance…Romans 8:25
- Hope creates a confident assurance…Hebrews 6:19
- Ultimately hope will make you resilient. It is an anchor for us. It keeps us steady.
- Christians aren’t unique in what we go through but in how we go through it.
- Hope isn’t dependent on circumstances. Not like a kite but an anchor.
- We should have hope because we have a God of Hope
- God promises that we will have trouble “but take heart because I have overcome the world.” God promises if they hate him they will hate us.
2) Why hope is hard
- Hope is hard because we have damaged hope.
- We don’t want to go through that pain again.
- That’s what happened to the woman.
- “I want to have hope but it’s scary to hope.”
- The lie of hopelessness is the way that things are is the way that things will be. That things won’t change.
- You have a damaged hope if you try to qualify hope. “Well I’m just being wise…” “I have to be logical…”
- The foundation of our faith is that people or situations can change.
- Where the presence of God is Hope is. In the verse, the first thing He says is do not weep. God will care for you first then, your situation. (V.13)
- God will help you sometimes before he helps our situation.
- God doesn’t waste a thing. He uses it all. He has purpose in the pain.
- This is not just a story about the boy but about the mom. He had compassion for the mom. (V.13)
- Moved by compassion and impressed by the faith
- Jesus spoke to dead things like they are living things.
- The facts that disagree with the way, the truth and life must be subjected to him.
- The compassion of the Lord can fix any damaged thing.
3) Why hope should have you
- God with us, it means He brings everything that he is to us
- Hope came to her. She didn’t have the hope.
- Lamentations 3:19-24
- The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
- “19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, The wormwood and the gall. 20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, And is humbled in me. 21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore have I hope. 22 It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, Because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: Great is thy faithfulness. 24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; Therefore will I hope in him.” – Lamentations 3:19-24 KJV
- The reason that I have Hope is because Hope has me.
- The way that things are is not the way that things will always be.
Full Transcribed Version
Using CEO Hack – Otter.ai – Otter.ai is AI transcription software. It may not be 100% accurate but helps transcribe the sermon.